Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
1. 1. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program (hereinafter «Program») is available through Participating Stores: Fruits & Passion and The Face Shop (hereinafter «Company Stores») in Canada.
2. To participate in The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program, a customer must become a Program Member. Membership is free of charge and requires no initial purchase. Visit any Company Store to register for the Program Membership. In order to register, a customer must fill out the form in-store (providing birthday, first and last name, age group, gender and email address. They must also agree to receive emails, phone calls or text messages from The Avon Company Canada Limited (“Avon”)
3. Only one Program Membership is available per customer.
4. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program is non-redeemable for cash, non-refundable and non-transferable. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Card membership (also was previously known as “Beauty circle Card membership”) is an Avon program and it may be revoked at any time by Avon in its sole discretion.
5. A customer can participate either with their Membership card or customer number, that can be searched by using the customer information such as email, phone number, first and last name. The customer number shall have the same effect as Membership card.
6. Each The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program Member (sometimes referred to as a “Program Member”) will be registered in the Program Member’s name and have a unique number ascribed to them. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Members cannot share their account number and account information with any other parties.
7. Program Members must advise Avon immediately of any changes of Personal Information (as hereinafter defined) including name and e-mail address by visiting any Participating Store and informing one of our beauty advisors or by calling Customer Service. If Avon believes that some of its records are inaccurate, it may contact Program Member to verify its records. Avon reserves the right to cancel any Program Memberships for which it has incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information and all The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points redemptions on that account may be blocked. The submission of false or fictitious Personal Information will result in all The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points accumulated on an account being forfeited.
8. Avon reserves the right to refuse issuance of a Program Membership to any customer who does not follow the prescribed enrollment procedures.
9. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program is only available to individuals. The Program will not be available to corporations, businesses, charities, partnerships, enterprises or anyone other than an individual, unless written approval is received in advance from Avon, in its sole discretion. Employees of Avon are not allowed to participate directly or indirectly in The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points will not be awarded if in Avon’s reasonable opinion the merchandise purchased will be used for resale or commercial use and any The Face Shop Beauty Rewards awarded on such purchases will be forfeited. Avon reserves the right to limit The Face Shop Beauty Reward Points awarded with respect to any offer or promotion to reasonable household quantities. If Program Member was awarded points for an offer or promotion in which a Member purchased product in excess of reasonable household quantities, The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points awarded as a result of that offer or promotion may be forfeited without prior notice.
ACCUMULATION OF THE FACE SHOP BEAUTY REWARDS POINTS
10. Upon signing up for the program, the customer will automatically receive 300 points, which can be used towards their next purchase. Also, customers will receive free welcome samples and trial sizes.
11. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points will be awarded at the rate of 5 Points for each dollar spent on each separate purchase at Participating Stores. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points will be calculated by reference to the net (purchase price less discounts) pre-tax total of each cash register receipt. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points awarded and reflected on the cash register receipt will include both decimals after coma. Avon may offer special promotions from time to time offering additional The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points on certain products. Such The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points, once awarded, shall form part of the Member’s The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points balance.
12. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points will not be issued respecting the purchase of the following items/services: gift cards, delivery charges (where applicable), gift with purchases, charitable donations, The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points redemption portion of a transaction and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time or where prohibited by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points will be awarded when a Program Member pays for a purchase with a gift card. However, the Member will not be awarded The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points if he or she uses a gift card to purchase another gift card or gift cards and, in the event that The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points are inadvertently awarded, Avon reserves the right at any time to revoke these points without notice. Avon reserves the right to add or delete items eligible for The Face Shop Beauty Rewards point’s issuance at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.
13. All The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points are shown on the cash register receipt for each purchase when a The Face Shop Membership card is presented before the completion of the purchase transaction. In the event that The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points do not appear on a receipt due to a technical failure, they will be updated on the cash register receipt at a later purchase transaction date. All points accumulated during a transaction will be frozen for a period of 15 days to allow, according to the established return policy, a normal return of products and a reduction of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points corresponding to the amount returned in products.
14. Returns and/or exchanges will be honoured only if the original cash register receipt is presented at the time of the return and/or exchange. On a return and/or exchange The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points will be deducted automatically from the Membership number that was used for the original purchase. The Program Member will be reimbursed for the purchase price shown on the receipt of the item(s) returned.
15. Refund is not allowed on purchases earned through the redemption of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points, ONLY exchange of product(s) for the same value or over can be offered to the member.
16. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points totals, as shown on the cash register receipts, will be deemed correct unless otherwise substantiated by the Member by bringing forward evidence satisfactory to Avon in its sole discretion. Discrepancies must be addressed with the Store Manager or Customer Service Centre within 3 months of the date on which the discrepancy occurred. Avon reserves the right to restrict redemption or put a “hold” on The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points for up to 45 days from the date the points are posted to an account.
17. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points are reduced to zero upon closure of a Program Membership.
18. Upon the death of a The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program Member, the Member’s account will be closed and any The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points in the account will be forfeited. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points are not divisible in the case of divorce.
19. All The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points will be deemed inactive provided that no point accumulation has taken place for 12 consecutive months and no redemption has taken place for 12 consecutive months. All The Face Shop Rewards points will expire upon the end of this 12 consecutive month period of inactivity.
REDEMPTION OF POINTS
The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points may be redeemed for savings rewards off a purchase at Participating Stores in accordance with the following The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points redemption schedule:
|Points required||Rewards Value ($)|
20. From time to time, special promotions may be run during which one or more redemption level(s) may temporarily be altered and/or suspended, new redemption levels added or points may be redeemed directly towards the purchase of specific products or services. Promotions may vary from Participating Company Stores to Participating Company Stores and from format to format.
21. Avon may, from time to time, offer supplementary programs or promotions related to The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program (“Related Programs”). Such Related Programs may be governed by additional or distinct terms and conditions applicable therein.
22. In accordance with Federal and Provincial tax legislation, GST, PST, HST and any other applicable taxes are calculated and payable by the Program Member on the full amount of the purchase price before any reduction for redeemed rewards.
23. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points can only be redeemed if the required point redemption level is acquired prior to the redemption transaction. The minimum number of points for point redemption is 500 (equivalent to $5.00). Every 100 points is equivalent to $1. An individual Program Member may not make more than two redemptions, at any reward level, within one day. Only one redemption is available per transaction.
24. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards point balance will be reduced by the number of points required to obtain the desired point redemption level. Unredeemed The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points plus any The Face Shop Rewards points earned in the current transaction will remain in the Member’s account and can be applied to a subsequent transaction.
25. When redeeming The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points, Avon will automatically select the maximum eligible The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points redemption level available. Alternatively, the Program Member may select a different eligible redemption level by informing the cashier prior to redemption. In either case, the Program Member’s account under his/her Membership number must have the appropriate number of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards points.
26. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points may not be collected or redeemed by any person other than the Program Member. Program Members may be required to provide proof of identity when redeeming The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points to protect the integrity of the Member’s Points balance. Each Program Member is responsible to ensure that all Personal Information is correct and up-to-date and, Avon reserves the right to block redemptions where The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member information is inaccurate or incomplete.
27. In case of a lost The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Card, upon presentation of proper identification, a new Member’s number will be provided to the Member by the Customer Service Centre or at any Participating Company Store with appropriate ID. The accumulated unredeemed The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points balance shall remain intact. Avon assumes no liability or responsibility for The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points redeemed by any person(s) prior to the notification to the Customer Service Centre or in-store that The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Card is lost. Any The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points redeemed prior to notification shall be at the Member’s risk.
28. Avon will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may flow from any participation in The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program by any non-Canadian resident, and where permitted by Avon, by any corporation, business, charity, partnership or enterprise.
29. From time to time, Avon may advertise or offer exclusive offers to select The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Members with respect to which they may redeem The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points for items other than a discount reward or receive other benefits or discounts.
30. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Except as permitted from time to time by Avon, The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points cannot be assigned, exchanged, purchased or given by gift. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented or otherwise disposed of. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.
31. Avon shall maintain the privacy, security and integrity of all personal information collected from The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Members, such as, but not restricted to: name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, email, account number and purchasing information (“Personal Information”). This information will be used to credit the correct membership number account, to communicate with The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member, to better understand The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member’s shopping and information needs and to offer The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member relevant information, products, services and rewards to meet those needs. By providing Personal Information to Avon, the member consents to Avon using the information for the uses specified herein.
32. On occasion Avon may collect additional personal information from The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Members on a voluntary basis through questionnaires or other methods. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards membership status of any Member who does not wish to participate will not be affected.
33. Avon will not give, rent or sell its The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member lists to any organization or individual. Avon will allow limited and secured access to customer information by authorized entities under its strict supervision and/or which are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information solely for the purposes of assisting Avon in processing customer information.
34. The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member information is stored in Avon databases located in Canada. Access to this information will be restricted only to authorized personnel of Avon.
35. On occasion Avon may communicate special offers, information and services to The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Members.
36. If events beyond Avon’s control materially affect Avon’s ability to operate The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program, the Program may be suspended or terminated without notice.
37. Avon may restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program, without notice. Any material changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted online.
38. Subscription to The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program is possible at any of the Company Stores and the acceptance of the terms and conditions and/or first-time usage of a The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Card constitutes agreement by The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member to all the Terms and Conditions of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program.
39. Any abuse by a Member of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program’s privileges, any failure by a Member to follow the Program’s rules, regulations, Terms and Conditions, or any misrepresentation by a Member may, at Avon’s sole discretion, subject the Member to expulsion from the Program, including forfeiture of all accumulated The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points.
40. Upon suspension or termination of the Program for any reason whatsoever, Avon will have no liability therefore to any Member and is automatically released from all claims by The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Members in respect of such suspension, termination, forfeiture of The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points, redemption of Points or otherwise in respect of such suspension or termination for any reason whatsoever..
41. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information herein is correct. Avon is not responsible for any errors or omissions.
42. Any waiver by Avon of the strict observance, performance or compliance by a Member with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall be effective only in the specific instance and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of Avon as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with the Terms and Conditions. No delay or omission by Avon in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
43. By redeeming The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points for rewards, The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Member releases Avon from any and all liability and claims regarding the redemption and use of the reward and any loss or damage caused by goods and services supplied as a reward.
44. Any reference herein to COMPANY refers to The Avon Company Canada Limited, its affiliates and the licensed operators of the Participating Company Stores, as the context requires.
45. “Eligible Purchase” means an eligible purchase made at a Participating Company Store, on which Points earned may be counted towards a customer’s Program Balance.
46. “Exclusions” mean those products or services, as determined from time to time by Avon in its sole discretion, which are not eligible to be counted towards a customer’s Program Balance.
47. “Participating Store(s)” means corporate and franchisee Company stores in Canada.
48. “Points” mean The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Points.
49. “Program” means Avon The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program.
50. “Program Member” means a The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program member who meets the criteria set out above.
51. “Program Membership” means membership in The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program.
52. “Program Terms” means these The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
53. “Program Balance” means the current balance of a The Face Shop Beauty Rewards Program Member’s account with respect to achieving Program Membership.
LAST UPDATED : July 19, 2022